Print Products, Printer Locations
Black and white, 8.5” x 11” Prints: 7¢ per sheet
- Black and white print stations are located in Research Commons, Study Commons, Digital Media Studio and Print / Copy rooms on each floor of library.
- Send print jobs to print stations using any public library computer OR with wifi from our checkout laptops or by downloading and installing the wifi printing software on your own laptop.
Color, 8.5” x 11” Prints: 50¢ per sheet
- Color print stations are located in the Research Commons, Study Commons and Digital Media Studio.
- Send print jobs to color print stations using any public library computer.
- Choose OneCard Color Postscript printer when you send the color print job.
- Print from dedicated computer in the Digital Media Studio.
Pay for your prints using a valid SF State OneCard or a guest card. You can add value to your OneCard or guest card using one of the four OneCard Add Value machines in the library located in the Research Commons, Study Commons, Digital Media Studio or Book Checkout/ Pickup. OneCard Add Value machines take $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills, no coins; machines give no change. Guest cards are available for $2 at these machines. Value can also be added to your valid OneCard online (MasterCard, VISA, American Express or Discover Card).
Send print jobs to wifi print stations via wifi from our checkout laptops or by downloading and installing the wifi printing software on your own laptop. Wifi print stations are located Research Commons, Study Commons, Digital Media Studio and Print / Copy rooms on each floor of library. Windows installers have been tested for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Download the Wifi printing software for your personal computer:
1. Right click> Open this installer
2. Right click> Open this patch
Download Wifi software installation how-to guides:
All software is installed at your own risk. Due to the wide variety of settings and configurations possible on personal laptops, we cannot guarantee that wireless printing will work on all laptops.
Select the correct printer for wifi:
Windows Laptop: OneCard PostScript Library WiFi
Macintosh Laptop: SFSU_Library_Printer.
Very large PDF files sometimes print very slowly or not at all.
Please follow these instructions to help prevent printer network log jams
- Do not print from browser
- Save document to personal or temp drive - Name file and remember where you saved it
- Open PDF in Acrobat Pro - File > Print
- Do not save to desktop
- In print dialog box push Advanced button
- Select Print As Image and set to 150 dpi
Here is a step-by-step guide for printing large/complex PDF documents: pdf printing