- 1951 - current
PubMed provides access to bibliographic information which includes MEDLINE as well as:
PubMed may also be searched as part of the NLM Gateway, which also includes resources on consumer health and meeting abstracts.
- The out-of-scope citations (e.g., articles on plate tectonics or astrophysics) from certain MEDLINE journals, primarily general science and chemistry journals, for which the life sciences articles are indexed for MEDLINE.
- Citations that precede the date that a journal was selected for MEDLINE indexing.
- Some additional life science journals that submit full text to PubMedCentral and receive a qualitative review by the National Library of Medicine."
- The National Library of Medicine (NLM) offers an interactive online tutorial about PubMed. Use PubMed Help for quick questions.
- The full URL for this page is: